Friday, March 2, 2012

Encouragement for Today

But you, O Lord, are a shield for me, my glory and the One who
lifts up my head. Psalms 3:3

There are many who go through life believing that there is
something that the acquisition of would make them happy. They think that if they
had money it would make them happy; if they were married they would be happy;
if they had this position they'd be happy; etc. Their thoughts go like this," If
only.... "; or "I wish....". Some live their lives longing for these things and
never obtaining them while others strive for and obtain them only to find they
are still unfulfilled. Everyone was born needy. When I say needy, I am not
speaking of our physical needs to live, but our spiritual need that brings life.
We've heard people speak of a God shaped vacuum in the soul of every man and
every man created has the need of God's life in Him. I believe Adam and Eve had
a covering of glory prior to their fall. Sin brought shame and nakedness, but
the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ brought restoration. Jesus said, "And
the glory You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are
one." The Lord is our covering and our glory. He is the one in whom we find our
joy, peace, and fulfillment. There is only One who can satisfy the longing of
our heart.

No comments: