Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Thought for Today

I was feeling kind of low as I got to the church this morning for the pastors' prayer meeting. Then before we could get started we found someone had stolen the copper from three of our air conditioners. Prayer went well, but my spirits weren't lifted like they have been. I went to another prayer meeting at a another church and just sat agreeing and praising the Lord as others prayed. At the end we held hands and I was asked to pray the final prayer. As I prayed and praised the Lord, my spirit was buoyed and I felt the Lord's peace return. Years ago in a place of desperation, I realized I had to make a choice. I could wallow in self-pity and despair or I could choose to praise the Lord. I made the right choice; I chose to praise Him. Peace returned and not only that He moved in the situation that had brought me low. I believe the Lord spoke to me as well. He impressed me with this thought, "If you want to escape the low places, enter into high praises." The snakes bit the murmurers, but they were healed when they looked upon the brazen serpent a picture of Jesus taking the sting of sin for them. God inhabits praise and murmuring is inhabited by snakes. Who would you rather have working on your problem?
Blessings,
Herb Dean

No comments: