Friday, September 12, 2008

True Spiritual Riches

Therefore if you have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon who will commit to your trust the true riches? Luke 16:11

If I can't be trusted with the material possessions and money that I've been given, how can I be trusted with true riches. What are true riches? In my own experience when I began to order my priorities putting God first there was quite a change in my life. The first thing that experienced was spiritual revelation. The Lord began to reveal His word to me. Proverbs 8:10,11 Receive my instruction and not silve, and knowledge rather than choice gold; for wisdom is better than rubies and all the things one may desire cannot be compared with her. Wisdom is true riches.

How much would a man pay for peace? The biblical word for peace has a much broader definition than just the absence of conflict. It is divine order, wellness, prosperity; things as they should be. Can you put a price on that?

What about His grace? His unmerited favor, His ability and the old acrostic: God's
Riches
At
Christ's
Expense
The riches of His grace includes redemption, forgiveness of sin, and empowering to live His life.
There are unsearchable riches to those who are in Christ and it is of eternal benefit to order our lives according to His purposes. Don't let unrighteous mammon keep you from God's best. All this can summed up in this verse.

Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you. Matthew 6:33.
True riches can never be measured by the measures of man. It does not consist of houses, lands, and bank accounts. It flows out of relationship and is an internal and eternal reality.
Be blessed,
Herb Dean

No comments: