Friday, July 27, 2012

      As we look at what's going on in our nation, there is opportunity to be discouraged. I have fallen prey to that discouragement on occasion. I guess one of the things that disturbs me most is that there are so many who are not even aware of the course of destruction we as a nation have embarked upon. Many place their hopes in a political party, or a politician. The government has become their answer, their source. The answer is not in the democratic party or the republican party. In the natural the damage done cannot be fixed. Many in the church are asleep; it is almost as if they think the United States is exempt from suffering. Others look to the rapture as the great escape. I am not a prophet of gloom and doom, but just looking at things logically there is no avoiding economic collapse.

      I am not going on a long discourse today, to expound on the problems of and the threats to our nation. I am more interested in putting my focus where it belongs. As we have said already politics is not the answer. So, what is the answer? The psalmist said, "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills from whence cometh my help? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth." He was not looking for the hills to help; he was looking to the one who created the hills. It is time to recognize that it's broke and the best of men can't fix it. Yes, we need to be informed, responsible citizens and vote for men and women who adhere to godly principles, but the best of men cannot save our nation. It is time for our nation to call upon God. Our hope is in God and God alone.

No comments: