Friday, July 27, 2012

Encouraging Word for Today

I am often encouraged by the Psalms. I guess that's because in the writings of David I find a man who experienced great trials and great triumphs and we find him going through every range of emotion. So often he was grieved, rejected, or in pain and we see him pouring his heart out before the Lord. If we are honest we all can identify with many of David's feelings. Some of you may be dealing with discouragement today. I remember a time years ago when going through a time of discouragement, that I received Psalms 27:13, 14 from three different sources. I knew the Lord was speaking to me.  So as you read these verses today, let them stir hope in your heart.

I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait I say on the Lord. Psalms 27:13,14  

No comments: