Monday, April 22, 2013

Deliverance from the Cave

Attend to my cry, for I am brought very low; deliver me from my persecutors, for they are stronger than I. Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise Your name; the righteous shall surround me, for You shall deal bountifully with me. Psalms 142:6,7 For all you cave dwellers out there, of which I am one, this was David's prayer in the caves. The cave was a place of hiding, but it was also a place of preparation. It was in the cave that people began to gather unto David. These people were in distress, in debt, and they were discontented but it was out of these malcontents that the mighty men of David arose. One day as I prepared to teach on David and those who gathered to him and the Lord impressed me with this thought. "If you want to come out of the cave as a mighty man you must deal with the issues in the cave." The issues that brought you to the cave will keep you there if not dealt with. God is able to take the malcontents of this world and make them mighty men of God.

No comments: