Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Tim Tebow and the Plan of God


Dear friends,  

     I hope things are well with you. As a sports fan who pulls for Christian athletes I was not happy when Tim Tebow ended up in New York. I didn't feel like it was a good fit and they never really gave him a chance. Even when it was obvious they were going nowhere with Mark Sanchez, they didn't let him play. When I heard he was cut yesterday I was disappointed that they would do him they way they did. I wanted him to go somewhere and excel and to show all the critics. The Lord gently reminded me that this is not about football. Ultimately it is about Tim Tebow being conformed to the image of Christ. God reminded me that he was perfectly capable of handling Tim's situation and that I was to pray for him as a brother.

 

     There are times in all of our lives when we like Moses must throw the rod at God's feet and see it turn into a snake. Anything we are not willing to throw at God's feet has a snake in it that can ultimately destroy us. When God told him to pick the snake up by the tail and he did, it became a rod again. No longer was it the rod of Moses, it had become the rod of God and was used in the working of miracles. For you it may be your job, your church, ministry, etc. We must be willing to throw it down and whether we pick it up or not depends on God. If He tells us to pick it up it is no longer ours, but God's. If He tells you to pick it up, He will bless it. Abraham grew in faith to the place where he was willing to sacrifice the promise in obedience to the promiser knowing full well that God was faithful. There are times we must be willing to place our Isaac on the altar. This could well be a chairos moment in the life of Tim Tebow. Pray for him that he will remain steadfast and that He will know that God will bring good out of this, and for discernment to make the right choices.

 

    As always my desire is to encourage you. If you have prayer needs, I will be honored to pray for you. I also am available to minister at your church or ministry group. Thank you for your encouragement.  May God bless you richly.

 

                                                     In His love,

                                                     Herb Dean

No comments: