Friday, August 1, 2014

A Psalm for Today: 62: 6,7

A Psalm for Today: Psalms 62: 6,7
My soul, wait silently for God alone, for my expectation is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved.


When troubles come, there is always a temptation to panic. The enemy wants to get you into fear. I observed bass being fed live minnows in a fish tank. Some of the minnnows panicked when they hit the water and darted about erraticly. The bass saw them and quickly dispatched them. There were others who simply maintained their position near the surface and the bass never came near them. When trouble seeks to devour us, it is not time to panic; it is time to be still and know that He is God. I remember the testimonies of George Mueller. He did not panic, but operated in the gift of faith. One morning his orphanage had no food. He sat down with the kids and thanked the Lord for His provision. In a few minutes there was a knock at the door. He is faithful. Knowing that the Lord is our defense, we can remain steadfast, immoveable placing our hope and expectation in Him.

No comments: