Thursday, July 31, 2014

A Psalm for Today: Psalms 61:1,2

A Psalm for Today: Psalm 61:1,2
Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the ends of the earth I will cry unto You. When my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the Rock that is higher than I.


The Lord is attentive to our prayers. It does not matter where we are, there is no distance to our omnipresent Lord. There are times and seasons of life where we are troubled on every side and we don't know what to do. Jesus is our Rock who is higher than we are. He is the Rock from whom living water flows. He is the Rock of our salvation. He is the Rock upon which the church is built. He is the Rock that is steadfast and sure. He has lifted us out of the miry clay and set our feet upon the Rock that is higher than our trouble; higher than our enemies, and He puts a new song in our mouth, a song of praise to our God. He hears and He delivers. He is our ever present help in time of trouble.

No comments: