Friday, July 11, 2014

A Psalm for Today: Psalms 41:9

A Psalm for Today: Psalms 41:9
Even my own familiar friend in whom I trusted, who ate my bread, has lifted up his heel against me.


Many of us have felt the pain of betrayal. If you have, you are in good company. I have often prayed the words of Paul " that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death. " Phil. 3:10 Once after being terribly disappointed in a person, I cried out to the Lord and it was quickened to me that betrayal was part of Christ's suffering. We all know of Christ's betrayal by Judas who had walked with him for three years. As you read Paul's letters you see there were those who betrayed him as well. The only way we can enter the fellowship of His sufferings is to suffer. The only way to know the power of the resurrection is to die. If we have been crucified with Him then we will be raised with Him. If we walk as He walked, we will most likely experience the pain of betrayal, but we will also experience the power and the glory of the resurrection.

No comments: