Thursday, July 10, 2014

A Psalm for Today: psalms 40:1,2


A Psalm for Today: Psalms 40:1,2I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined to me and heard my cry. He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps.


In some respects this could be the testimony of everyone who comes to salvation in the Lord. We were all in a pit heading to destruction. It was when we realized our plight and we cried out to the Lord that He heard us. The word inclined is an interesting word here. It is as if the Lord leaned over the portals of heaven to hear David's cry. He reached down and lifted him out of the miry clay. I picture miry clay as mud that just sucks you in and you can't pull your feet out of it. You are stuck. He brought him out of the pit and set his feet upon a rock. He lifted us up and set our feet upon a rock. That rock is Jesus; He is our rock. Religion attempts to get to God, but in Christianity God comes to get us. Before Christ we were on sinking sand with no purpose and no direction. He brought us out, set us on Christ, gave us a future, a hope, a purpose, and a destiny. He established our steps. If you are in Christ today, you are on solid footing.

No comments: