Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A Psalm for Today: Psalms 59:16

A Psalm for Today: Psalms 59:16
But I will sing of Your strength; I will sing of Your steadfast love in the morning, for You have been to me a fortress,and a refuge in the day of my distress.


I love to sing about the awesomeness of God. He is omnipotent. Spiritual battles cannot be fought in the arm of the flesh. We cannot deliver ourselves by our own hand. He is our strength and deliverer and He loves us with a love that never fails. I think of the great hymn written by Martin Luther, which begins ,"A mighty fortress is our God, a bulwark never failing." He is a refuge from life's distresses.The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run into it and are saved. His loves endures the dark night of the soul and we can awaken with songs of praise to our God.

No comments: