Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A Psalm for Today: Psalms 46:10

A Psalm for Today: 
Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalms 46:10


There are times when we have difficult circumstances arise in our lives and we exhaust all human possibilities before turning to the Lord in prayer. I can remember a situation I was facing that was causing much anxiety. I tried everything I knew to do with no success. One morning in my devotion time I was reading the corresponding books of Psalms and as I read this verse it leaped in my spirit. I read in another translation and it said "Cease striving and know that I am God." I remember Ian Thomas telling us that the robe of the priest was not to be made of wool because we were not supposed to sweat. If you are facing a situation or situations that are causing you anxiety step back, take a deep breath, and pray. God will be exalted among the nations and in the earth, but He will also be exalted in you. When I stopped striving and allowed Him to move on my behalf the stress left and in a few days an unexpected blessing resolved the issue. All glory belongs to the Lord. Amen

No comments: