Monday, July 7, 2014

A Psalm for Today: Psalms 37:4

A Psalm for Today: 37:4
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.


 While many would quote this in reference to some material object they want, I believe it has a much greater implication than that. I have found that those things I delight in, I want more of. When God becomes our delight; He will also become our desire. Jesus said to seek first the kingdom and His righteousness and all these things ( food and raiment) would be added to us. It ...is more than material goods; it is His glorious presence. In His presence is fullness of joy and at His right hand are pleasures forevermore. God told Abraham that He was his exceeding great reward. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness for they shall be filled. David said "One thing I have desired of the Lord, that I will seek; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in His temple." Can there be any greater desire than God Himself?

No comments: