Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A Psalm for Today

A Psalm for Today: Psalms 52:9
I will praise You forever, because You have done it; and in the presence of Your saints I will wait on Your name, for it is good.


When the Lord called me to preach in college, I ran from that call because I didn't feel I could do it. As a broken man at the age of 30, I surrendered to that call and the Lord assured me that I was right all along, I couldn't, but faithful was He who called me who would also do it.(1Thessalonians 5:24) We will praise the Lord for we could not do it, but He did. We could not save ourselves, but he has done it through Jesus Christ. The day will come when He will remove the wicked and plant us steadfastly in His house. It is for His namesake, He has done this. His names represent some aspect of His character. For instance, the name Jehovah Jireh means "the Lord will provide." In Jesus dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily, the expressed image of the Father. We wait upon Him for He is good.

No comments: