Tuesday, June 24, 2014

A Psalm for Today: Psalms 24:1

The earth is the Lord's and all it's fullness, the world and those who dwell therein. Psalms 24:1

The Lord does own it all. I often quote this verse in relationship to finances as a recognition that God owns it all and that as my Father, He has more than adequate resources to meet my needs. In Christ, He has given us unsearchable riches and made us to be joint heirs with His beloved Son. If you are struggling financially it is good to realize that the coffers of heaven are not depleted. They are not impacted by what goes on in the earthly realm. Too often we live as paupers when our heavenly Father owns it all. I am reminded of the older son, the brother of the prodigal son, who was pouring out his complaint to the father. His words (paraphrased) went something like this, " I have served you faithfully all these years and you have not given me so much as a goat to make merry with my friends, but this one who spent his inheritance in riotous living and debauchery you welcome graciously and kill the fatted calf. His father replied," Son, you are with me always and all I have is yours." Those words impacted me when I realized what the Lord was saying to His children. All He has is ours. He has chosen to make us joint heirs with Christ and it is His good pleasure to give us the kingdom. Our Father is able to supply our needs according to His riches and He is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all we ask or think according the power working in us. He owns it all and all He has is ours. Wow!

No comments: