Monday, June 16, 2014

Psalm For Today: Psalms 16: 11

You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

    What is the path of life? It is the way to salvation. Jesus said," I am the Way, the Truth, the Life, no man comes to the Father but by me. John 14:6 Jesus is the Path that leads to the Father; He is the path that leads to life. The Lord is omnipresent whether we know Him or not, but if we have found the path of life we have His indwelling presence through the Holy Spirit. The kingdom of God is righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit. Joy is a fruit of the Spirit. In His indwelling presence and His manifested presence there is joy unspeakable and full of glory. I used to think that we had to die experience the pleasures forevermore, but one day I realized that positionally we are at the right hand of the Father. Jesus is seated at the right hand of the Father. I like the Westminster catechism's statement: The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. If we are in Christ we can already enjoy pleasures that will be ours forevermore. 

No comments: