Friday, June 27, 2014

A Psalm for Today: Psalms 27:13,14

I would have lost heart had I not believed I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait I say on the Lord! Psalms 27:13, 14


There have been times in my life where I would have given up, but there was that hope that God would bring me out of the pit. Biblical hope is not wishful thinking; it is as sure as the object of that hope is faithful. God is faithful. Biblical hope is the confident expectation of a desired end. Hope sustains us when the enemy surrounds us and when as the songwriter wrote "when sorrows like sea billows roll." We will see His goodness. Yesterday, we spoke of His goodness being the essence of His glory. It is not the fearful expectation of His wrath that brings men to repentance; It is His goodness. Job in the midst of his sorrow said, " For I know my redeemer lives, and he shall stand at last on the earth;" Job 19:25 To wait on Him is not to sit idly. It is a Hebrew word that means to bind together with twisting. I am reminded that a three fold cord is not easily broken. To wait is to be joined to. It is much easier to hope when we are wrapped up in Jesus. Be enjoined, entwined with Him and your heart will be strengthened.

No comments: